Home Forums Commercial Farm to Table Food WAste

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #2537 |

Paul,

When nearly a dozen celebrity chefs and food advocates from across the country storm the Capitol, you sit up and take notice.

And that’s exactly what happened this week when I joined my friend and Food Policy Action Education Fund co-founder Tom Colicchio – along with other top chefs and leading food waste advocates – in Washington, D.C. to urge lawmakers to take action to reduce food waste.

Our elected officials not only listened, they are on our side. From Speaker Paul Ryan and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to Senators Roberts, Cochran and Stabenow, influential food policymakers from both sides of the aisle realize the absurdity that nearly 50 million Americans are food insecure – including 15 million children – yet, roughly 40% of all food produced and sold in the U.S. is never eaten.

And it was with your help that we urged them to take action. On the steps of the U.S. Capital we presented Congresswoman Chellie Pingree with your petition, signed by thousands of FPA members, urging Congress to take bold action to reduce food waste.

Will you click here to share this photo of our petition delivery to Congress on social media with your friends and family?

Last month, when I joined Tom and food advocates in Cuba to learn more about how opening ties will benefit sustainable agriculture between the two countries, I saw how much the Cuban people do with so little.

So why is it, in the richest nation in the world, we do so little with so much? That’s why I’m so passionate to urge Washington lawmakers to pass legislation now.

We have a huge opportunity for bipartisan action to reduce food waste — and it’s my hope that our work educating Congress on this critical issue will make a difference.

Thanks for all you do,

Victor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.